The best charters in Cornwall, from the Helford River
The Blue Pointer is solidly built and very seaworthy, the high gunwales make her very safe and enclosed.
The boat is equipped with all the gear needed for your safety and to catch fish. We don’t charge for either rod hire or tackle use. Our tackle is modern and Dan doesn’t keep any gear he wouldn’t use himself with rods from 8lb to 80lb class and reels loaded with braid, from Shimano Tyrnos II’s to Okuma Cortez CZ-10’s.
Dan skippers the Blue Pointer. He keeps the atmosphere on the boat relaxed and unpressured.
Why Are We The Best?
If we are not the best charter outfit around, we want to know why!
Unlike some ports, Helford Village and Helford Passage don't have a huge amount of passing trade so we have to be good. We have great fishing and very sheltered waters meaning we get out more than most boats in Cornwall and fish in very good conditions only.
We think the reason people come back time and time again is not because we always fill the boat with enormous fish, but because of the way we run the boat and the business.
- All bookings are confirmed in writing and can be receipted
- We don't promise trips that we can't fulfill only to cancel in the morning we were supposed to go
- We almost always call the weather the night before
- We return ALL calls and emails promptly, whether we can help or not
- We never short change anyone on time
- Gear losses and fuel burned always come second to catching fish and having a good day
- We take the business seriously but the fishing is always relaxed
"We can't control the fish or the weather but we can do our best to get the rest right"